How to Give



You can give to the parishes, schools, or ministries that mean the most to you during #GivingTuesday, starting at midnight on November 29th by visiting



There are many ways you can support the needs of parishes, schools, ministries and campaigns of the Diocese of Richmond.

  • To give to the Annual Diocesan Appeal, click here
  • To give to the McMahon Parater Scholarship Foundation’s EISTC Program click here
  • To give to an existing endowment fund, click here
  • To open a donor-named endowment, a donor-advised fund or a Charitable Gift Annuity to support a parish, school or ministry, contact Maggie F. Keenan, Ed.D., Director of Planned Giving at (804) 622-5221 or
  • To leave a charitable bequest to a parish, school or ministry of the diocese through your Will is simple with our partnership with FreeWill. This free estate planning resource enables you to create a legally valid Will, and create a legacy with the Catholic Community Foundation at the same time. Get started here. For questions, please contact Maggie F. Keenan, Ed.D., Director of Planned Giving at (804) 622-5221 or

You can transfer cash or other assets to the Foundation to make a meaningful and lasting charitable impact for our Church and receive an immediate tax advantage. Financial assets that can be used now include:

  • Cash
  • Appreciated securities
  • Bequest through your Will or Trust
  • Gift from your donor-advised fund
  • Closely held stock
  • Life insurance
  • Mutual funds
  • Retirement assets
  • Real property and Tangible personal property
  • Qualified Charitable Distrubtions (QCD) from an IRA

If you are making a gift thrugh Stock, please download our instructions and form for your use.
Diocese Stock Donation Instructions_MAY 2021 and Diocese Stock Donation Form-Fill In.

Donor Advised Fund
If you have a donor advised fund and your sponsoring organization participates in DAF Direct, making a gift to the Foundation is easy by completing the form below:

If you need further assistance, contact Maggie F. Keenan at 804-622-5221 or